To set up your Raspberry Pi you will need:
- Raspberry Pi (
- Power supply cable
- Network cable
- RJ-45 connector
- HDMI cable
- micro SD card
- minimum 4 GB
- SD card OS image
Loading image on SD card¶
You will need to prepare a micro SD card with a minimum of 4 GB storage.
- Download the OS image.
- Follow the guide (ignore/skip the "Download the image" section) directly from Raspberry Pi to write an image to the SD card.
Connect the following:
- The SD card into the Raspberry Pi.
- The Raspberry Pi to the internet via a network cable.
- The Raspberry Pi to an HDMI monitor via an HDMI cable.
- The Raspberry Pi to a power outlet.
The Raspberry Pi will now expand the image from the SD card. You will see the process on the HDMI monitor. Once you see Device ID on the screen along with other information, you are ready to move on to the notify step.
The Raspberry Pi and SoloCandy are up and running, therefore, the next step is to let us know to which organization we should add the SoloCandy.
Write an email to our support with the following information:
- The Device ID (MAC address) which you can see on the Raspberry Pi output on screen.
- The Organization ID of your Suitest organization which is located in the Summary page. Location of Organization ID.
Please make sure to be in your organization first before copying the ID. You are in your organization when you can see its name under your Suitest username (in the main menu).
Once the email is sent, our team will add the SoloCandy to your organization. We will then notify you that it is ready for you to use.
If you want to enable SuitestDrive on your Raspberry Pi, please check the following page.
If you wish to use a SoloCandy with your Raspberry Pi, please check this page.
See what is happening on your device's screen during the test run with a USB camera.
Switch the power of your devices on and off with a smart plug.