Before you start¶
Before going ahead with test automation you need to make a small one-time adjustment to your app. At this point you should already have a configured device in your account.
Here are a few terms that we use a lot at Suitest:
Suitest app - a project in Suitest that contains configuration and test scenarios for the app you want to test.
instrumentation library - a library provided by Suitest that works like a testing agent from inside of your app. The process of including the library into the app is called instrumenting and after that the app is referred to as instrumented app.
app ID - this identifies your Suitest project. You will need this ID when instrumenting your app.
app platform - software platform on which your app will run. For example Android TV, HbbTV, Samsung Tizen, etc.
Now that you are familiar with the terminology, here is what you need to do to start testing:
Create an app configuration and copy the instrumentation code.
Instrument your app for the platform of your choice:
- Android (automatic injection of Native apps)
- Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS/iPadOS)
- Apple TV (tvOS)
- HbbTV / Freeview Play (automatic injection)
- HTML based
- LG webOS (automatic injection OR Lite)
- PlayStation 4/5
- Roku (automatic injection OR Lite)
- Samsung Tizen (automatic injection OR Lite)
- VIDAA (Lite)
- Vizio SmartCast (automatic injection)
- Websites (automatic injection)
- Xbox (One, Series X/S) (automatic injection of HTML-based local apps)
Upload app package or specify the URL to the instrumented app in the configuration.
Create and run a one-line test to check that the configuration works as expected.