Suitest is a ubiquitous test automation tool that works with many types of devices and platforms. After configuring a device in your Suitest account you will be able to do many interesting things that probably not have been possible before. For instance, you will be able to:
- Control and execute commands on multiple devices at once.
- Schedule a particular action on a group of devices.
- Control local and remote devices with equal ease.
- Test and debug apps on local and remote devices.
Supported device types¶
The current support is as follows:
Android TV based devices. This includes any device running Android TV 4.4 or later, such as the Amazon Fire TV and many other TVs, set-top boxes and consoles.
Apple TV 4th and 5th generation devices
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers
TVs and set-top boxes (and probably other devices) having an infrared port. This includes most of the currently available Smart TVs like Samsung, LG, Philips, Panasonic, Sony etc.
Xbox One console
Support for many other types of devices is in progress and will be released soon.
Can I use my own devices?¶
Yes, you can! With a little one-time effort you can configure your own devices to work with Suitest. For operating Smart TVs or set-top boxes with infrared port you need to order a CandyBox. For operating Android TV devices, Xbox One console, web browsers or emulators it is enough to install the SuitestDrive application.
Is there a device cloud that I could use?¶
If you are interested in using an external device cloud, please send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back to you.
Supported device platforms¶
Suitest can be used for app testing on well-known platforms as well as proprietary environments, like TV or set-top box interfaces and internal software.
Currently supported well-known platforms:
- Android TV 4.4 and later
- LG Netcast
- LG webOS (all versions)
- Other TV and set-top box platforms (as long as they build on top of browser or Android TV)
- Roku 7.5 and later
- Samsung Orsay
- Samsung Tizen (all versions)
- Traditional websites and web apps for desktop browsers
- tvOS 10.0 and later
- Windows 10 (on Xbox One console)
Thanks to the Suitest architecture you can use Suitest for app testing on proprietary platforms on any physical device that fulfills both of these conditions:
- The device has an infrared receiver.
- The device supports HTML-based applications.
Read on to get a better overview of what is possible.