Suitest is a ubiquitous test automation tool that works with many types of devices and platforms. After configuring a device in your Suitest account you will be able to do many interesting things that probably not have been possible before. For instance, you will be able to:
- Control and execute commands on multiple devices at once.
- Schedule a particular action on a group of devices.
- Control local and remote devices with equal ease.
- Test and debug apps on local and remote devices.
Supported device types¶
The current support is as follows:
- Android TV based devices. This includes any device running Android TV 5.0 or later, such as the Amazon Fire TV and many other TVs, set-top boxes and consoles.
- Apple TV 4th and 5th generation devices
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers
- Apple TV Simulator
- PlayStation 4 console
- Roku devices
- TVs and set-top boxes (and probably other devices) having an infrared port. This includes most of the currently available Smart TVs like Samsung, LG, Philips, Panasonic, Sony etc.
- Xbox One console
Supported device platforms¶
Suitest can be used for app testing on well-known platforms as well as proprietary environments, like TV or set-top box interfaces and internal software.
Currently supported well-known platforms:
- Android TV 5.0 and later
- Apple TV tvOS 11.2 and later
- LG Netcast
- LG webOS
- Other TV and set-top box platforms (as long as they built on top of a browser or Android TV)
- PlayStation 4 (WebMAF)
- Roku 7.5 and later
- Samsung Orsay
- Samsung Tizen
- Traditional websites and web apps for desktop browsers
- Xbox One
Thanks to the Suitest architecture you can use Suitest for app testing on proprietary platforms on any physical device that fulfills both of these conditions:
- The device has an infrared receiver.
- The device supports HTML-based applications.
Read on to get a better overview of what is possible.