Quick start - Websites¶
Start testing websites on three different browsers within a couple of minutes.
What is needed to start testing websites¶
SuitestDrive control unit:
- Download - from your preferences control units.
- Install - unzip into a directory of your choice. (For automatic updates Java is required)
- Pair - on first startup pair to personal account or organization.
- Google Chrome - download and install
- Mozilla Firefox - download and install
- Microsoft Edge - installed if on Windows 10 operating system (update through Windows Update if needed)
Set up the browser of your choice, by adding it to Suitest.
In SuitestDrive open File > Add Browser or Device, this will open the Add device wizard. Choose the browser of your choice, your SuitestDrive after pressing Next the device will be added automatically.
Feel free to check configuring browsers for more information.
App set up and settings¶
Add new configuration - name it, change the platform to Websites. Add a URL of
the website you wish to test, for this guide let's use
Leave the rest of the configuration in it's default state.
Learn more about setting up an app and configurations.
Connecting to a browser¶
Keep SuitestDrive running in the background, connect to the browser you have just added.
In this quick start, we will be testing if the Suitest website shows the cookie banner to users and they are able to confirm they have read to remove it.
1. Open Suitest website at homepage 2. Check that the banner and accept button has been loaded 3. Press accept button 4. Check that the banner was hidden 5. Refresh the webpage 6. Check that the banner element disappears
Now, switch to Search by property tab.
Search for the element with the
#cookie-policy CSS selector and save
Once added the elements becomes available in the Test editor.
Now that the elements are stored in the element repository they can be used inside the Test editor.
Thinking of the test scenario we are given, we need to use the correct test operations and assertions on the elements to check the expected functionality.
Switch to the Test editor and create a new test.
The editor automatically adds the open app line.
Adding assertions and operations¶
Set elements has properties to:
- Width to
- Height to
- Top to
- Textual content to
Run the full test in your browser. You should see something like this:
Where to go next?
WatchMe app - test around and read through the comments. You will find it under applications in your personal account.
If you need any help please do not hesitate to contact us.