Two ways of taking screenshots¶
Suitest offers two ways of taking screenshots from testing devices.
Screenshots from the device over network¶
- Apple iPhone / iPad (iOS) devices and simulators
- Apple TV (tvOS) devices and simulators
- HbbTV (on LG webOS TVs 2016+)
- LG webOS (2016+)
- PlayStation 4/5
- Xbox (One, Series X/S)
- HbbTV / Freeview Play
- Samsung Tizen
- Vizio SmartCast
- Other Smart TVs and STBs
The first way is directly from the device, and it provides the highest possible image quality. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers allow taking screenshots from their devices.
You may experience issues when using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers running in headless mode on macOS.
Screenshots from Suitest Camera android app¶
Supported on all platforms
Not all the platforms support screenshots over network, Suitest provides you with an alternative way - using our Suitest Camera application for Android mobile devices. You just need to:
- Install the Suitest Camera app on your Android mobile
- Pair the application with your Suitest account
- If needed, pair the application with your testing device
- Aim the camera of your Android mobile device at the screen of your testing device
- Make sure that the connection is established
Note: If the testing device does allow screenshots over the network, screenshots will be taken that way instead.
Within the test editor you can mark the test lines on which you would like to take a screenshot. Screenshots are taken after the line has been executed.
In the test pack schedule tab you can configure when screenshots are taken using the following options:
- Take screenshots according to test definition - takes screenshots based on the lines that you have marked in the test editor
- Take a screenshot after each test line - takes screenshots after each line that has been executed
- Do not take screenshots according to test definition - ignore screenshot marks in test editor
- Take a screenshot after each failed line - take a screenshot after every failed test line, no matter if it was marked in test editor or not
On the results page you will find all the screenshots that have been taken. The screenshot icon will open the screenshots viewer.
Please note that execution times may be affected by screenshots being taken.
The device screenshot viewer allows you to navigate between screenshots on each test line and device.
Tip: Quickly navigate in the view by using keyboard arrows, left / right to switch test lines and up / down to switch devices.
The screenshots are stored based on a limit of your plan. You can find the current amount of stored screenshots and limit in your preferences page. In the preferences page you can also set what happens when the limit is reached.
Selecting delete oldest screenshots continues taking screenshots but to make room starts deleting the oldest. While, do not take new screenshots, will stop taking screenshots after the data limit has been reached.