Adding PlayStation 4 console to Suitest¶
Suitest supports a PlayStation 4 TestKit or DevKit. After setting up your PlayStation 4 console you will be able to run automated tests on HTML based applications (WebMAF).
A couple of things that you will need:
- PlayStation developer / partner account credentials.
- USB - CEC Adapter.
- Windows 10 computer with SuitestDrive downloaded and paired.
Prepare the Windows 10 computer¶
On the Windows 10 computer that is running SuitestDrive, please do the following:
- Download the PlayStation SDK Manager.
- Install the Target Manager Server. It should be installed in the default location on
C:drive, if this is not possible please see the troubleshooting section.
- Download and install .NET Framework 4.7 (or newer).
- Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Note: You may already have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed or .NET Framework 4.7 (or newer) which is part of the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Prepare your PlayStation 4¶
You will need to prepare your PlayStation 4 for testing:
- Make sure the console has a wired Ethernet connection (should be the on same network as the Windows 10 computer running SuitestDrive).
- Switch the console into Assist Mode - Boot Parameters / Release Check Mode.
- Enable HDMI Device Link - Settings / System / Enable HDMI Device Link.
- Enable automatic log in - Settings / Login Settings / Log In to PS4 Automatically.
Connecting the devices¶
A connection between the Windows 10 computer, PlayStation 4 and USB - CEC Adapter must be made.
Make sure you have the following layout:
- USB - CEC Adapter is connected to the Windows 10 computer via USB.
- HDMI from the console is connected to the PC port on the USB - CEC Adapter.
- HDMI is connected to a monitor or TV to display from the TV port on the USB - CEC Adapter.
Add the PlayStation 4 to Suitest¶
Open the Add device wizard then select Add physical device, then choose PlayStation 4 from the platform list and press Next.
On the Enter PlayStation 4 details, do the following:
Select the SuitestDrive that will be controlling the console.
Discover all available COM ports.
Select the COM port that will be controlling the console.
Discover all available devices or input the local device IP manually.
Press Next to finish device adding process.
Something went wrong?¶
Please check the PlayStation 4 troubleshooting section for guidance.